AREA OF STRATEGIC FOCUS: FUTURE ROLES AND MISSIONS
MAXIMIZE OUR CONTRIBUTION TO THE TOTAL FORCE CONSISTENT WITH THE TRADITIONAL CHARACTER OF THE AIR NATIONAL GUARD.
- OBJECTIVE 1: Establish a Northwest Tanker Task Force operation that will exploit the unique capabilities of the KC-135 R model aircraft throughout the next decade.
- MEASUREMENTS: Develop plans to direct the operation of a Tanker Task Force.
- OBJECTIVE 2: Providently engage with community leaders, local officials, and state and national legislators to represent unit and ANG interests during EFI considerations.
- MEASUREMENTS: Study mission and economic impact, growth opportunities, and possible alternative solutions relative to Fairchild EFI and publish findings to legislators through WA ANG/CC and TAG.
- OBJECTIVE 3: Aggressively work through OTAG, weapons systems councils, NGB and professional organizations to secure relevant future missions for the unit within the Total Force.
- MEASUREMENTS: Develop and present products to inform decision makers and lobbyists of unit capabilities, limitations, opportunities and threats.
- OBJECTIVE 4: Secure wartime tasking, funding and aircrew resources to take full advantage of additional capabilities of our C-26 aircraft to include surveillance, reconnaissance, airlift, SAR and communication in emergency, disaster, Homeland Defense, and contingency operations.
- MEASUREMENTS: Study, test, and demonstrate these capabilities and published findings to OTAG and NGB.
- OBJECTIVE 5: Develop and implement a Marketing Plan.
- MEASUREMENTS: Develop and implement a plan to conclude agreements pertaining to readiness, ability to recruit and retain quality forces, and unit access to viable future missions on terms favorable to the nation, state, and the 141 ARW.